At five years old, I fell in love with words.If I were going to clone myself as a writer, I would concoct a cloning recipe which would contain the following ingredients:
- Lots of varied life experience, to give enough flavor
- World travel experience, for color
- Passion, for spice
- A few crazy relationships, to create perspective
- One or two quirks, to add a little crunch
- Deep love, to introduce spirit
- Curiosity, to add a little danger
- A touch of paranoia, to interject alternate realities
- Lots of knowledge about current events, for texture
- Pride and humility, to bring human characteristics
- A touch of insanity, for interest
These characteristics have made their way into the pages that you read. My head is filled with stories, and The Prophecies trilogy is only the first that’s on paper. Writing it has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Many of the subplots and undertones of the trilogy came from my own life experiences.
I could tell you all about my higher education, my freelance writing experience, and a bunch of other professional qualifications, but do you (the reader) really care about that? My guess is that you care more that I write compelling novels that take you into a new world, if only for a while.
Thank you for reading my stories.
If you are reading this anywhere other than Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf, a feed reader, or via email subscription, then this content has been stolen.