I am so happy to be participating in the Review Tour for K.A. Tucker’s CHASING RAIN! CHASING RIVER is a Suspenseful Romance novel, and the third novel in K.A. Tucker’s Burying Water Series, published by Atria books, an Imprint of Simon & Schuster. If you haven’t started this series yet, be sure to grab BURYING WATER and BECOMING RAIN, the first two books in this series!! I promose you will love them!! Check out my reviews of the first two books in the series by clicking the covers below:
About Chasing RiverTitle: Chasing River
Series: Burying Water #3
Author: K.A. Tucker
Publisher: Simon and Schuster, Atria
Publication date: July 7th 2015
Target Audience: New Adult
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Suspense
Length: 336 Pages
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N|Book Depository
Armed with two years' worth of savings and the need to experience life outside the bubble of her Oregon small town, twenty-five-year old Amber Welles is prepared for anything. Except dying in Dublin. Had it not been for the bravery of a stranger, she might have. But he takes off before she has the chance to offer her gratitude.
Twenty-four-year-old River Delaney is rattled. No one was supposed to get hurt. But then that American tourist showed up. He couldn't let her die, but he also couldn't risk being identified at the scene—so, he ran. Back to his everyday life of running his family’s pub. Only, everyday life is getting more and more complicated, thanks to his brother, Aengus, and his criminal associations. When the American girl tracks River down, he quickly realizes how much he likes her, how wrong she is for him. And how dangerous it is to have her around. Chasing her off would be the smart move.
Maybe it's because he saved her life, or maybe it's because he's completely different from everything she's left behind, but Amber finds herself chasing after River Delaney. Amber isn’t the kind of girl to chase after anyone.
And River isn't the kind of guy she'd want to catch.
I want you to look at me the way you used to. I want you to think that I’m good. I want you to still want me
5 Reasons why you should read Chasing River
- Amazing Setting – Chasing River was set in Ireland…my all time dream vacation destination…and I loved all of the glimpses of the beauty, culture and peoples that I got to experience in this read. Kathleen also did a great job of mixing in a good deal of Irish Political history focusing on the IRA in without overwhelming the reader or slowing down the read. My inner nerd was very happy.
- Great Characters – River Delaney (and his whole family…ok most of his family…) are just perfect. From the moment Amber meets River, my heart was swooning right along with hers. I mean, he did risk his own life to save hers!! He is such an amazing character, the family loyalty, the responsibility, the heart, the conflict, the bad boy history. I loved seeing the relationship that he had with each of his family members. And I certainly can’t forget to mention the tattoos and that sexy Irish accent!! And Amber really grew up in Ireland! I loved seeing how her character developed as she dealt with the situation and also as she learned new information about her family and in particular her dad the Sheriff. Her developing friendship with Ivy was also wonderful to watch.
- The Romance – It is a bit fast…but understandable under the stressful life and death circumstances…plus it is written so well that I didn’t even question it for a moment…probably because I was falling right alongside Amber. Just the right amount of sweet mixed with just the right amount of steaminess…I may be partial but this was my favorite of her romantic matchups yet!
- Great Writing and Pacing – K.A. Tucker writes books that you can just disappear right into. They are so perfect that I am immediately lost within them and don’t ever want to come up for air. Her writing style, the pacing, everything just clicks.
- The Plot – Chasing River avoids everything that I dislike about the New Adult Genre (Drama, Angst, crazy insta-love/destructive relationships) and replaces that with history, suspense, danger and thrills…and a genuine passionate romance that the reader can really get behind.
Chasing River was my favorite K.A. Tucker read to date!!
I loved Chasing River so much you guys!!! I’ve loved all of the books in K.A. Tucker’s Ten Tiny Breath’s and Burying Water series…and every one just gets better and better! I knew that I would love this read as soon as the synopsis was revealed and I was not wrong….
Although I am anxious to travel to San Francisco with K.A. Tucker and learn Ivy’s story, I’d really love a chance to read more about River’s younger brother!
Don’t postpone picking this one up! I promise you will not be disappointed!
Full signed set of K.A. Tucker’s books published by Atria for 2 winners! Includes the Ten Tiny Breaths Series AND the Burying Water Series!