About The Simplicity of CiderTitle: The Simplicity of Cider
Author: Amy E. Reichert
Publisher: Gallery Books
Publication date: May 16th 2017
Target Audience: Adult
Genres: Magical Realism, Romance, Women's Fiction
Length: 336 Pages
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N|Book Depository
Fall in love with The Simplicity of Cider, the charming new novel about a prickly but gifted cider-maker whose quiet life is interrupted by the arrival of a handsome man and his young son at her family’s careworn orchard by the author of The Coincidence of Coconut Cake and Luck, Love & Lemon Pie.
Focused and unassuming fifth generation cider-maker Sanna Lund has one desire: to live a simple, quiet life on her family’s apple orchard in Door County, Wisconsin. Although her business is struggling, Sanna remains fiercely devoted to the orchard, despite her brother’s attempts to convince their aging father to sell the land.
Single dad Isaac Banks has spent years trying to shield his son Sebastian from his troubled mother. Fleeing heartbreak at home, Isaac packed up their lives and the two headed out on an adventure, driving across the country. Chance—or fate—led them straight to Sanna’s orchard.
Isaac’s helping hands are much appreciated at the apple farm, even more when Sanna’s father is injured in an accident. As Sanna’s formerly simple life becomes increasingly complicated, she finds solace in unexpected places—friendship with young Sebastian and something more deliciously complex with Isaac—until an outside threat infiltrates the farm.
From the warm and funny Amy E. Reichert, The Simplicity of Cider is a charming love story with a touch of magic, perfect for fans of Sarah Addison Allen and Gayle Forman.
“Holding you in my arms right now is like holding a wish. You are magic to me.”
5 Reasons to Pick up The Simplicity of Cider
- You love books with Magical Realism like those of Sarah Addison Allen, Ellen Herrick, Alice Hoffman and Moïra Fowley-Doyle.
- You don’t mind slightly prickly main characters who develop as the story progresses. Sanna definitely takes a little getting used to she is very rough around the edges and standoffish at the beginning of the novel but we quickly see her character development and evolution as she gets to know Isaac and Sebastian.
- You are a fan of books that include food or drink. This book is set in the most beautiful apple orchard. And is filled with mouthwatering scenes of apple desserts and cider brewing.
- You love Wisconsin. I haven’t seen many books set in Wisconsin which I’ve visited only wants. After reading The Simplicity of Cider, I definitely want to go back and visit this region.
- You’re looking for a sweet quick read that will leave you feeling warm, cozy, and in search of some good apple cider.
Final Thoughts – The Simplicity of Cider was an almost perfect read. I love stories that pull me in from the first page and just feel like a big hug. I wanted to live inside this book and it was bittersweet when it ended.
One Print Copy of The Simplicity of Cider – US ONLY