Series: Haven Point #2
Also in Series: Evergreen Springs, Riverbend Road, Snowfall on Haven Point, Serenity Harbor
Author: RaeAnne Thayne
Publisher: Harlequin, HQN Books
Publication date: June 30th 2015
Target Audience: Adult
Length: 384 Pages
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N|Book Depository
New York Times bestselling author RaeAnne Thayne brings you back to Haven Point—a place made for second chances…
McKenzie Shaw would do anything for her beloved hometown of Haven Point. It may be small and struggling, but it's never let her down…unlike gorgeous, infuriating Ben Kilpatrick. He was her childhood hero until he closed his family's factory, leaving the town's economy in shambles. Now he's back—his tech firm is considering opening a local facility. For Haven Point's sake, McKenzie has to grit her teeth and play nice.
What could a town filled with painful memories ever offer Ben? He left Haven Point behind years ago, for good reason. Yet seeing the town through the eyes of McKenzie—its fiery young mayor—he suddenly has his answer. If only he can resolve the animosity crackling between them, Ben may have found the place where he can build ties and find healing…a place where love arrives when it's least expected.
“A soft, warm feeling of contentment seeped through her. This was her town, these were her people. She was part of it, just like the Redemption Mountains across the lake.”
5 Reasons I loved Redemption Bay (and you will too!)
- Although the 2nd in a series…one doesn’t need any back story to jump right in and enjoy Redemption Bay
- Haven Point – The small town setting with it’s wonderfully unique history, gorgeous views and lakeside property. Who wouldn’t want to live there?
- Thayne writes amazing characters that grab the reader from the first page. McKenzie has an interesting history and investment in the town which make her the perfect mayor. Ben is just handsome enough, just tortured enough by his personal history and just smart enough to not let it get in the way when it counts. Supporting cast that adds to feeling of family…especially McKenzie’s sister Devin.
- A heartfelt romance that the reader can 100% get behind…no questions…no doubts…I loved it!
- Two beautiful, charming dogs: Rika and Hondo…don’t animals make every story just that much better?
I loved just how much heart both of these characters had…especially McKenzie. This book is a winner all around…great pacing, plot, characters and an amazing setting that I can’t wait to revisit!