Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
Publication date: December 8th 2015
Target Audience: Adult
Genres: Fiction, Romance, Suspense, Thrillers
Length: 368 Pages
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N|Book Depository
Madeline and Daphne were once as close as sisters—until a secret tore them apart. Now it might take them to their graves.
They knew his name, the man who tried to brutally attack twelve-year-old Madeline in her grandmother's hotel. They thought they knew his fate. He wouldn't be bothering them anymore...ever. Still their lives would never be the same.
Madeline has returned to Washington after her grandmother's mysterious death. And at the old, abandoned hotel—a place she never wanted to see again—a dying man’s last words convey a warning: the secrets she and Daphne believed buried forever have been discovered.
Now, after almost two decades, Madeline and Daphne will be reunited in friendship and in fear. Unable to trust the local police, Madeline summons Jack Rayner, the hotel chain’s new security expert. Despite the secrets and mysteries that surround him, Jack is the only one she trusts...and wants.
Jack is no good at relationships but he does possess a specific skill set that includes a profoundly intimate understanding of warped and dangerous minds. With the assistance of Jack's brother, Abe, a high-tech magician, the four of them will form an uneasy alliance against a killer who will stop at nothing to hide the truth....
“She rushed to meet the emergency vehicles pulling into the drive. Mentally she made a list of what she could-and could not-tell the cops. She had spent eighteen years keeping secrets. She was good at it.”
” ‘It’s all right,’ she said. ‘I won’t shatter.’
‘I know that. You’re strong.’ Her wrapped one big hand around the back of her head and drew her mouth down to his. ‘But I sure as hell will fracture into a million little pieces if I screw this up.’ “
5 Reasons why I loved Secret Sisters
- Secret Sisters starts off with intrigue and never lets up. The pacing is perfect as is the writing..and though I wouldn’t class this as “unputdownable”, Krentz certainly kept me turning the pages long after I should have been sleeping.
- The setting perfectly fit the bill. Small coastal towns are my favorite. I prefer the Northeast, but this Pacific Northwest island suited me just fine and added a lot to the ambiance of the book.
- I love seeing strong female friendships. Although Madeline and Daphne haven’t seen each other in almost two decades…it’s wonderful to see how lasting childhood friendships can be. They always had each others backs and they fell easily right back into their friendship.
- The romance developed slowly and was completely believable. Both Madeline and Jack we damaged and somewhat closed off from other people…in each other though they found the perfect match and it was lovely to see how they understood and eventually opened up to each other.
- Secondary characters added great depth. I’d love to see a story with Daphne and Abe as the leads.
Jayne Ann Krentz always delivers…and this book was no exception. With a perfect mix of mystery and suspense with a nice dose of romance thrown in Secret Sisters checked all the boxes for me.