Title: Simply Irresistible
Series: Lucky Harbor #1
Edited By: Jill Shalvis
Age Range: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 311 pages
Publisher: Forever (Imprint of Hachette)
Publication Date: October 1st 2010
Available Formats: Paperback, E-book, Audio
Add the book: Goodreads
Buy the book: Amazon | BN |The Book Depository
Source: Library (Archived NetGalley Title)
Maddie Moore’s whole life needs a makeover.
In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother—a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.
Starting over won’t be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career—if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.
The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes—and mouth—are making it hard for her to remember that she’s sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie’s struggles to overcome the past, though she’s about to discover that there’s no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.
“Where did that flashlight come from?” Chloe asked.
Chloe looked at Tara. “She carries a flashlight in her purse.”
“For emergencies,” Maddie said, trying to see into the yard.
“You have any chocolate?” Chloe asked hopefully. “For emergencies?”
“Of course. Side Pocket, next to the fork.”
I’ve seen Jill Shalvis’ books around for a few years now and have had a few of them languishing on my TBR for a while now. I am so happy that I have finally rectified that situation! Over the past two weeks I have devoured the first three books in the Lucky Harbor Series and can’t wait to read more.
5 Reasons to pick Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor #1) up:
- Small town charm – I am a sucker for novels set in small coastal towns and although New England is my preferred setting, the Pacific Northwest works almost as well for me. I guarantee you will fall in love with Lucky Harbor, WA.
- The sisters – Perhaps it is because I have 2 sisters of my own…but I tend to connect very quickly to stories that revolve around three sisters as does this one. I loved the dynamic between the sisters who are all so very different and how quickly they came to love, respect and depend upon each other.
- The secondary characters – Critical in all small town stories, the secondary characters are what make the town come alive. From Lucille and the rest of her blue haired gang to Lance at the ice cream stand….the “supporting cast” are great!
- Maddie “The Mouse” – I really related to this sister and loved how she took charge of her life and really came into her own after moving to Lucky harbor. It really proves the point that we all can be strong independent women who make the choices that are right for us while at the same time forging bonds that will last a lifetime.
- Jax, Jax, Jax – Wow. Brains, brawn and an animal lover with a great heart…could any of us ask for more in a “Book Boyfriend” ? He has quickly moved to the top of my list!
All in all this is a well written, fantastically paced romance with all the good stuff: perfect setting, great characters, lots of humor and a perfect HEA. One can’t ask for more!