New York City takes on a special magic during the Christmas holiday season. Here is my top five must-sees.
1. Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree
2. Macy’s Department Store
3. Catch a Show either George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker at the NYC Ballet or The Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
4. Ice Skating at either Bryant Park or Rockefeller Plaza
5. Holiday Fair at Grand Central Station Terminal
BONUS! If you can get out to Brooklyn check out the Christmas lights in Dyker Heights
My favorite places in NYC regardless of the season.
1. Ferrara’s in what used to be Little Italy
2. The big Barnes and Noble in Union Square
3. Saint Ambroeus on Madison Avenue
4. Russ & Daughters New York specialty foods especially lox & bagels
5. Metropolitan Musuem of Art – This is one of my favorite places to visit not only because of the fabulous collection there but it was the setting of one of my favorite books ever! From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.
About Christmas at the Candied Apple CaféTitle: Christmas at the Candied Apple Café
Author: Katherine Garbera
Publisher: HarperCollins, HarperImpulse
Publication date: November 10th 2017
Target Audience: Adult
Genres: Holiday, Romance
Length: 273 Pages
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N
There’s nothing so magical as Christmas in New York…
Santa is coming to New York!
Snow is falling, excitement is high and the delicious scent of chocolate drifts along Fifth Avenue – the Candied Apple Café is ready for Christmas! And no one is busier than publicist Iona Summerlin. With so much to do, she doesn’t have time to think about men, dating, or the fact her last boyfriend ditched her for her brother… Relationships are off the menu!
Hotel boss Mads Eriksson is not looking forward to the first Christmas since losing his wife. His six-year-old daughter Sofia has lost her belief in Christmas magic along with her mother, and he has no idea what to do. But an unusually festive business meeting at the Candied Apple – and meeting the beautiful Iona – starts to defrost Mads’ frozen heart, and suddenly life seems full of light and sparkle again.
If only they dare to believe, maybe all their Christmas dreams will come true!
5 lucky winners will win a copy of Summer in Manhattan, Katherine Garbera’s previous book for Harper Impulse.