A Chat with Liz Mugavero
1. If you could live a day in the life of a fictional character, who would it be?
I’ve always thought it would be amazing to be Jack Reacher for a day. Tall, unencumbered and badass!
2. What is your all time favorite book? And what books are currently on your nightstand?
My all time favorite book – so hard to choose just one. I would have to say Mystic River by Dennis Lehane. On my nightstand now – Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger. Also, an ARC of Wendy Tyson’s new one, Bitter Harvest, which I’m reading for a blurb. And just to mix it up, Gabby Bernstein’s The Universe Has Your Back.
3. If you weren’t an author, what would your dream job be?
FBI agent or homicide detective
4. Do you read and/or comment on reviews?
I read them even though everyone says not to. But I never comment. People’s opinions – good or bad – are their right. But I do like to see what’s being said.
5. What is one question that you hear too many times during interviews? And a question that you wish someone would ask?
People always ask about my writing schedule. It’s a good question, but since I don’t really keep to a schedule it’s a tough question! That said, I’ve gotten to do a lot of interviews with really good questions that keep me thinking.
This or That?
1. Fiction or Non-Fiction? – Fiction
2. Novella or Tome? – Tome
3. Cover or Synopsis? – Synopsis
4. Bookstore or Library? – Bookstore
5. Pen or Pencil? – Pen (purple!)
6. Hardcover or Paperback? – Paperback
7. E-book or Audiobook? – Depends on my mood! I love both in different settings.
8. Science Fiction or Paranormal? – Paranormal
9. Stand Alone or Series? – Series
10. Bookmarks or Dog Ears? – Bookmarks
About Custom Baked MurderTitle: Custom Baked Murder
Series: Pawsitively Organic Mysteries #5
Author: Liz Mugavero
Publication date: December 27, 2016
Target Audience: Adult
Genres: Cozy Mystery
Length: 378 Pages
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N|Book Depository
Kristan “Stan” Connor gladly turned tail on her high-flying job and moved to a quaint New England town to sell organic pet treats. But with her nose for solving murders, there’s no such thing as a quiet life…
Summer is winding down in Frog Ledge, Connecticut, but Stan’s love life and career are both heating up nicely. In between planning her new pet patisserie and café, Stan is settling into living-in-bliss with sexy pub owner Jake McGee. Love’s on the menu for Stan’s mom, Patricia, too, who’s engaged to Frog Ledge’s mayor, Tony Falco.
Mayor Falco’s dogged ambition isn’t popular among locals, but it’s his executive coach, Eleanor Chang, who’s inspired a dangerous grudge. When Eleanor is found dead, there’s a whole pack of suspects to choose from. Stan has first-hand experience of Eleanor’s unsavory business tactics. But finding out who forced her to take a fatal plunge off the corporate ladder means unearthing some shady secrets…and a killer who’s too close for comfort.