1. If you could live a day in the life of a fictional character, who would it be?
I would have to choose Eve Dallas from the JD Robb “In Death” series. Not only is she a kick ass homicide detective (although she prefers “cop”) she’s savvy and smart and not a slave to convention. She’s also married to one of the hottest male characters around, Roarke. So what more could one ask?
2. What is your all time favorite book? And what books are currently on your nightstand?
That would be a tie between GONE WITH THE WIND and THE THORN BIRDS. You didn’t expect that, right?????? Even though I saw the movie before I read the book, I absolutely fell in love with Margaret Mitchell’s sweeping saga of the South. There were more times than not when I wanted to slap Scarlett silly, but I also admired her independence and strength of character. Her choices in men, not so much, but then again, no one’s perfect! I also love the strong characters of Meggie and Fee in the Thorn Birds. In that one I wanted to slap Father Ralph silly.
What’s currently on my nightstand: Secrets in Death by JD Robb. Can’t miss an Eve Dallas adventure. I’ve read all 40+ books. And look forward to 40 more!
3. If you weren’t an author, what would your dream job be?
I really wanted to be a reporter when I was younger. I had a thing for Lois Lane. I also wanted to be a dancer. I think I would have liked to be a reporter on one of those entertainment shows, I could have combined the best of both worlds.
4. Do you read and/or comment on reviews?
I read every single review. Comment – n o.
5. What is one question that you hear too many times during interviews?
Do you have any advice for aspiring writers, mainly because I feel like I’m the least qualified person in the universe to give advice.
6. And a question that you wish someone would ask?
Actually, you just asked it. What would your dream job be.
This or That?
1. Fiction or Non-Fiction? – Definitely fiction, although I do love me some true crime
2. Novella or Tome? – novella
3. Cover or Synopsis? Cover definitely. I do judge a book by its cover
4. Bookstore or Library? Bookstore, and that’s where all my money goes.
5. Pen or Pencil? Pen
6. Hardcover or Paperback? Probably paperback.
7. E-book or Audiobook? Neither.
8. Science Fiction or Paranormal? Definitely paranormal.
9. Stand Alone or Series? Series. I get invested in the characters.
10. Bookmarks or Dog Ears? OMG!!! BOOKMARKS!!!!!!!!! No dog ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About Death by a WhiskerTitle: Death By A Whisker
Series: A Cat Rescue Mystery #2
Author: T.C. LoTempio
Publisher: Crooked Lane Books
Publication date: February 13, 2018
Target Audience: Adult
Genres: Cozy Mystery
Find It: Goodreads
Buy It: Amazon|B&N|Book Depository
Getting used to life back home in Deer Park, North Carolina, Sydney McCall and her right-hand tabby, Toby, are helping her sister Kat run the local animal shelter. Syd and Kat are all excited about the prospect of the shelter's newest fundraiser: shopping channel queen Ulla Townsend. Shelter admin Maggie Shayne vehemently refuses to have anything to do with the woman, but the fundraiser ensues as planned. That is, until Ulla turns up dead in the middle of the event.
The cause of death is determined to be an allergic reaction, but Syd and Toby are sniffing out something fishy. When Syd met Ulla, it was clear she was distasteful and rude. And right before the event, Syd spotted some behind-the-scenes drama between Ulla and her manager. As they begin to investigate, they realize there is no shortage of suspects, and Maggie is at the top of the list.
Now Syd and Toby must claw their way to the truth before everything goes paws up at their animal shelter in Death by a Whisker by national bestselling author T. C. LoTempio.