The second installment in the electrifying Stitch Trilogy, Shudder follows Samantha Durante’s shocking and innovative debut with a heart-pounding, paranormal-dusted dystopian adventure sure to keep the pages turning.
Developing Deep Characters
(Highlights from the tour)
- I like Alessa and Isaac because they are strong, but flawed characters. They are deeply in love and they are fiercely loyal to each other and to those they love. Even if Isaac felt helpless at times to help Alessa with her newfound abilities, he still sticks with her and tries (typical of a man!) to find an explanation and cheers her on. ~~ Review at Reading With ABC
- Alessa is such strong character, she has so much strength. She is working for the rebellion, trying to free the society from the Ruling Class. The problem is though there is a part of her that doesn’t want to fight anymore, a part of her that just want to be left alone to live peacefully with the people that she loves. Alessa struggles with herself on what to, and her feelings about the rebellion. Things get even more complicated when Alessa discovers something new about herself, a twist that I sure never saw coming. Again kudos Samantha for a great job well done.~~Review at Total Book Nerds
- Have you ever committed to something and then one day you look up and you think, “Omg, what have I gotten myself into?”~~Guest Post “Commitment Issues” at What’s Beyond Forks
- For Alessa, this dilemma presents a major hurdle. She considers herself a normal 20-something girl like anyone else in her post-apocalyptic society, just doing her best to get by. But she finds herself steadily climbing the ladder of leadership in an underground resistance movement, being called on to perform ever more dangerous missions, and with her loved ones getting pulled in beside her as the rebels gear up to face their enemies head on.~~Guest Post “Commitment Issues” at What’s Beyond Forks
- For a girl whose top priority in the world is protecting the people she cares about, this creates a clear conflict of interest: how can she possibly fulfill her commitments to the rebellion while keeping her loved ones safe? How did she ever end up in this position to begin with? And what can she do now to reconcile these conflicting priorities? Doesn’t she have to choose?~~Guest Post “Commitment Issues” at What’s Beyond Forks
- I really enjoyed going on another journey with Alessa and Isaac. Both of them had a lot of personal things to deal with throughout the book which really built on their character and made me feel like I got to know them better. At the same time as dealing with their separate problems they also had to tackle being out in the open in a dangerous environment. ~~Review at Books for Company
Series: Stitch Trilogy #2
Author: Samantha Durante
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Dystopian/Science Fiction
Publication Date: June 15, 2013
Available Formats: Paperback, E-Book
Add the book: Goodreads
Buy the book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords
It’s only been three days, and already everything is different.
Paragon is behind her, but somehow Alessa’s life may actually have gotten worse. In a wrenching twist of fate, she traded the safety and companionship of her sister for that of her true love, losing a vital partner she’d counted on for the ordeal ahead. Her comfortable university life is but a distant memory, as she faces the prospect of surviving a bleak winter on the meager remains of a ravaged world. And if she’d thought she’d tasted fear upon seeing a ghost, she was wrong; now she’s discovering new depths of terror while being hunted by a deadly virus and a terrifying pack of superhuman creatures thirsting for blood.
And then there are the visions.
The memory-altering “stitch” unlocked something in Alessa’s mind, and now she can’t shake the constant flood of alien feelings ransacking her emotions. Haunting memories of an old flame are driving a deep and painful rift into her once-secure relationship. And a series of staggering revelations about the treacherous Engineers – and the bone-chilling deceit shrouding her world’s sorry history – will soon leave Alessa reeling…
5 Winners. August 24 – September 16, 2013. See Rafflecopter for restrictions.* Signed print copy of Stitch & Shudder for you and two friends (USA only)
* Signed (via Authorgraph) e-book copies of Stitch & Shudder for you and two friends (Int’l)
* Signed Stitch & Shudder bookmarks + e-book copies of Stitch & Shudder (Int’l)
* $10 Amazon Gift Card (Int’l)
* $5 Amazon Gift Card (Int’l)The Highlight Tour
24 – The Reading Diaries – Review – The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl – Rose & Beps Blog 25 – Chapter Break – Review – Wonderings of One Person – Review – Mortal Moments 26 – A Tiffyfit’s Reading Corner – Review – Kindred Dreamhart 27 – YA Book Addict – Review – The Bookish Daydreamer – Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf 28 – Library of a Book Witch – Mommasez… – Review 29 – Mel’s Shelves – Review – Fundinmental 30 – Green Mountain Couple – Literary Meanderings 31 – Donnie Darko Girl – Review – My Devotional Thoughts Sept. 1 – The Book Rogue GRAND FINALE