Notes from Melissa
As April heads into May..I’m getting an itch to be outside more and get some gardening done. And by gardening I mean plant a few annuals and sit on my patio and read! lol Do any of you garden?
Also I am starting to think about BookExpo. Are any of you going? I have my pass but as much as I love going and missed it last year in Chicago…I also dread the long train ride commutes in and out of the city each day and the crowds. I so don’t like crowds.
NetGalley – I finally got my Percentage up over 85% – currently at 88% woohoo! I really need to go back and read and review some of the books that I slacked on in 2013 & 2014. I really want to get up over 90%!
Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge – I have not been reading a lot of books with Witches or Magic this year 🙁 So far I have 4 with magical elements. The 1st has a tarot reader as the MC and the next two are more Magical Realism…but I’m going to count them!
1. Give the Devil His Due (Tarot Mystery #3) by Steve Hockensmith with Lisa Falco
2. A Charmed Little Lie (Charmed in Texas #1) by Sharla Lovelace
3. The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert
4. The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase (The Librarians #2) by Greg Cox
Recently on Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf
- [25 Apr] Hard-Hearted Highlander by Julia London ★★★½
- [28 Apr] The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox ★★★½
- [24 Apr] Book Blast & Giveaway: Occult and Battery (Bay Island Psychic Mystery #2) by Lena Gregory
- [29 Apr] Tour Recap & Giveaway: Crossing in Time (Between Two Evils #1) by D. L. Orton
What I Read The Past 2 Weeks
The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer (Audiobook)
Saint Death by Marcus Sedgwick
The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase (The Librarians #2) by Greg Cox
The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert
What I Am Reading Today
The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (Audiobook)
Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (Audiobook) – This audio is taking forever not because I am not enjoying it but because I am listening with my husband therefore it’s like 1/2 an hour a month! lol
What I’ve Been Watching the Past Few Months
🎥 Manchester by the Sea, La La Land, Rogue One, The Force Awakens, Beauty and the Beast – I definitely recommend all of these.
🎥 Kong: Skull Island, Split – Eh…neither of these thrilled me.
🎥 Really Looking forward to Wonder Woman, The Last Jedi, & Guardians of the Galaxy Vol II
📺 Gilmore Girls – Still slowly making my way through this on Netflix. I am in the middle of season 3. It’s a great show to watch when you just need something relaxing and cozy 🙂
📺 Dancing with The Stars – Just started watching for the first time this season at hubby’s request (I am guessing because of David Ross) And I was so disillusioned with the voting. Obviously it’s all a popularity thing. And I never really did get why there was a Dancer on the show…but anywho…I wanted more Maks 🙁
Around the Blogosphere
Don’t forget that the new season for SYNC started last week. Free Young Adult Audio downloads every week. Go check them out.
- Print Copy Running out of Time — Ends Dec 20th, 2017
- Set of first 3 books, cute cat measuring spoons and a custom tea towel with one of my illustrated recipes on it — Ends Dec 21st, 2017
Added to the Bookshelf
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (Purchased – Audiobook)
The Ridge by John Rector (Review Consideration – Paperback)
Bring Her Home by David Bell (Review Consideration – ARC)
Serenity Harbor (Haven Point #6) by RaeAnne Thayne (Review – ARC)
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Free – Audiobook)
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich (Free – Audiobook)
Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde (Review Consideration – Paperback)