Notes from Melissa
Well December is here and just as we are putting the mayhem (and joy) of Thanksgiving behind us, it is time to gear up for the coming Holiday Season. As you read this, I am probably packing up my Fall decor and bringing out the Christmas decorations. Hopefully I will get it all done this weekend!
I am also trying my best to be on top of my shopping. This month is crazy with 5 birthdays and Christmas…but I am about 1/2 way done. I want to be 100% done my the 10th and then just wrapping. We’ll see!
Hope that all of you in the States had a wonderful Thanksgiving and here’s to hoping for a wonder end to 2016.
Recently on Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf
- [29 Nov] When All The Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz ★★★½
- [30 Nov] Plaid and Plagiarism by Molly MacRae
- [30 Nov] Murder in an Irish Village by Carlene O’Connor
- [20 Nov] Sunday Book News (Book Haul & Wrap Up) – Gearing up For Thanksgiving!
- [21 Nov] Excerpt & Giveaway: Death at First Sight (Bay Island Psychic Mystery #1) by Lena Gregory
- [24 Nov] Happy Thanksgiving!
- [28 Nov] E-Book Hoarding (11/28/16) – Freebies and Under $2.99 Steals and Deals #Kindledeal #Freebies
- [1 Dec] December 2016 Witches & Witchcraft Review Link Up
- [1 Dec] Cat Thursday – An Unusual Perch!
- [2 Dec] Guest Post, Excerpt & Giveaway: His Lass Wears Tartan by Kathleen Shaputis
What I Read The Past Two Weeks
Christmas Kiss – L.L. Muir
Divine Evil by Nora Roberts (Audiobook)
Sweet Destiny (Klaus Brothers #5) by Penny Watson
What I Am Reading Today
The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles #2) by Kim Harrison (Audiobook)
Mistletoe Cottage (Harmony Harbor #1) by Debbie Mason
What I’m Watching
🎥 A December Bride & Finding Father Christmas – I’ve been binge watching Hallmark Holiday movies. They are obviously all very cheesy…come on you know what you are getting into with these. Both of these seemed better and more enjoyable that most of their movies. I plan to DVR more of these like crazy this month and already have Broadcasting Christmas waiting on the DVR for me to watch next.
📺 Gilmore Girls – Due to all the hype surrounding the Gilmore Girls Mini Series (Revival) just released, I finally decided to give this series a go on Netflix. I’ve watched Season 1: Ep 1-6 so far and though I’m not totally in love, I can see the potential. We’ll see how it goes. Maybe by next Dec. I will be caught up and able to watch the revival! LOL
📺 The Ghost Whisperer – Or rather the “Ghost Summarizer” as my husband and I call it! We are still using this as filler when we don’t have any new programming on the DVR. It is entertaining and I love the small town feel of it. It actually reminds me a lot of a cozy mystery.
📺 That 70’s Show – We started this in the summer and are now in the middle of the last season. I understand that some actors left the show to pursue other interests and appreciate the fact that they had a season to wrap everything up for us, but I really can’t say that I am enjoying this season. It just doesn’t feel right and some of the story lines are just too much 🙁
- $500 Amazon Gift Card & ARC of “Give Me Fever” — Ends Feb 5th, 2019
- $50 Amazon Gift Card — Ends Feb 2nd, 2019
- $10 Amazon Gift Card — Ends Feb 4th, 2019
Around the BlogosPhere
Check out this great resource for tracking books from It’s All About Books: Spreadsheet 2017 Books
Added to the Bookshelf
The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles #2) by Kim Harrison (Audiobook-Review)
Her Nightly Embrace (Ravi PI #1) by Adi Tantimedh (Audiobook-Review)
Mistletoe Cottage (Harmony Harbor #1) by Debbie Mason (Won)
On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins (NetGalley)
Sweet Destiny (Klaus Brothers #5) by Penny Watson (eBook-purchased)